job with full training
Jan 18, 2018
£7.50 for the first 6 months while training then £9.00 per h
|Hours per Week
8 am till 5 pm
A.S.A.P. Staff (SW)Ltd
We are looking for someone to learn thatching, duties will include:
• Driving (sometimes 2 hours each way to a job per day) Driving licence not necessary as we have drivers.
• Loading vehicles.
• Unloading vehicles.
• Erecting our scaffolding (training will be given).
• Preparing materials at our yard and on sites. This often involves lone working at our yard in the barn.
• Stripping thatched roofs (Asthma & hay-fever sufferers take note).
• Keeping sites clean & tidy.
• Thatching with straw & reed under supervision. Also felting & battening of roofs. Occasionally re-timbering of roofs, lead work, chimney repairs, chimney re-building, Painting. If the candidate has any other skills i.e. plaster-boarding, plastering, tiling, slating, flat roofing - we are often asked to do these jobs onsite.
Hours – 7:30am - 5pm. Monday to Friday / Saturday & Sunday work is also available (it is paid at standard rate) providing the candidate can sometimes work on their own and does not need supervision.
With regard to work hours, we sometimes we finish earlier (no pay is deducted for this), especially in the winter months because of lack of daylight. If people choose to work longer, e.g. in the summer months they will be paid for this.
Pay - Months 1-6 – minimum wage
- Months 6-12 £72 per day
Pay is calculated on an 8 hour day rate with 3 breaks during the day. This allows for travel, travel delays, occasional delays beyond our control on jobs and occasional inclement weather. A certain amount of give & take is required.
Pay is paid into a bank account monthly in arrears but subs can be given until such time that the candidate can manage.
Some jobs also involve staying away Monday – Friday (occasionally weekends).
For staying away jobs self-catering or B&B accommodation is paid by the Company.
For staying away jobs a £12 allowance is given per night.
The position is a full time, permanent position.
Statutory Holidays & Bank holidays paid.
Auto Enrolment Pension offered.
PPE equipment provided (including waterproofs).
We work in the rain, snow, wind & sun.
We work in teams and it is hoped that the Trainee can stick with the same team where he can work with a mentor.
English Language not necessary.
Progression will be reviewed monthly (we are not looking for labourers).
Skills that will be learnt will never be forgotten!
We meet at 8 Thorsby Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 7QP at 07:30hrs and travel to jobs whether these are commutable or staying away jobs.
Living accommodation would have to be found local to WA15 7QP to ensure an 07:30hrs start is made.
Current personnel – 2 English Thatchers & 8 Polish Thatchers
3 Passage Church
Please fill in our Application Form and email it or bring it into the office